What are Social Media Videos?
You know the importance of a great social media video strategy, but is your brand doing everything possible to see positive results? While that might seem like a heavy question, it’s always smart to dissect your video content and see what you can do better.
There are so many elements that go into social media videos including subtitles, length, details and sound. Essentially, you’re trying to explain a lot of detailed information in a few seconds. But when you do it well, you see higher engagement and build a better rapport with your audience.
Why Video is Exploding on Social Media?
There’s been an explosion of growth in video on social media in recent years. Views of branded video content have increased 99% on YouTube and 258% on Facebook between 2016 and 2017. On Twitter, a video Tweet is 6x more likely to be retweeted than a photo Tweet. If you haven’t taken a closer look at the power of social media and video together, you’re in for a surprise. The numbers are big. Really big.
“I see video as a megatrend,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, February 2017
Tips for creating social media videos
- Authentic – real is better than glossy.
- Relevant – to your products and your audience.
- Collaborative – work with influencers to increase exposure.
- Engaging – make interesting videos full of calls to action. Ask for comments and shares.
- Regular – consistently create quality videos, on a regular basis.